Location: Port Clarence, Middlesbrough plus opportunity for site work locally and nationally.
Salary: £11.96- £23.92
( View All Careers )
We have ongoing opportunities for experienced painters to join our team at our busy workshop in Port Clarence. The business has an outstanding track record across oil and gas, renewable energy and marine sectors.
Main Roles & Responsibilities:
- Service Preparation, removing previous finishes, ensuring clean, smooth and dry before applying coating;
- Ensuring correct mix of paint according to paint specification prior to application;
- Proficient in using a variety of techniques and tools to apply paint to surfaces;
- Applying primer coats, main coats and finishes;
- Adhering to Inspection criteria and project specifications without exception.
Basic hours of work are:
Monday-Thursday- 8am- 430pm
Friday- 8am -130pm
Rates of pay:
£11.96 basic dayshift
£15.95 basic nightshift
Plus premium time applicable to overtime working.
What we are looking for:
- previous experience in either a shop or site environment in similar sectors
- Train the Painter or ICATS accreditation is beneficial but not essential. Universal Coatings is accredited by Corrodere to deliver ‘Train the Painter’ and opportunity to attain this with us is available.